Ray Jeremy Griffis Jr.
An Alamance County native, Ray earned his Juris Doctorate from North Carolina Central University School of Law. He received his Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with a minor in History from Campbell University. Prior to joining the Law Office of Matthew Charles Suczynski, PLLC, Ray served as an Assistant District Attorney in the Durham County District Attorney’s Office where he handled thousands of misdemeanor and felony cases in both District and Superior Court. While serving as an Assistant District Attorney, Ray was part of the Violent Crimes and Homicide Team where he prosecuted a multitude of violent crimes ranging from Felony Assault to First Degree Murder. Ray’s professional experience gives him a unique perspective on criminal law by allowing him to understand how both sides of the process operate.
Before joining the Durham District Attorney’s Office, Ray worked as a Staff Attorney for Legal Aid of North Carolina in Pittsboro, North Carolina. While working for Legal Aid of North Carolina, Ray provided free legal representation to North Carolinians in various civil matters.
Ray and his wife Kimberly reside in Alamance County. Ray enjoys spending time with his family and performing community service with his fraternal organization, Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.
- Juris Doctor – North Carolina Central University School of Law (Cum Laude)
- Bachelor of Science – Campbell University
- Law Office of Matthew Charles Suczynski, PLLC
- December 2019 – Present
- Durham District Attorney’s Office, Assistant District Attorney
- March 2017 – December 2019
- Legal Aid of North Carolina, Staff Attorney
- September 2015 – March 2017
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Durham County Bar Association
- Durham Expunction And Restoration (D.E.A.R.) Program
- Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.